B.A. from Cornell University and Magna Cum Laude J.D. Degree from the New England School of Law (Law Review)
National Vehicle Leasing Association, Board of Directors, New York Chapter (2010-2011)
The National Creditors Bar Association, formerly known as National Association of Retail Collection Attorneys (NARCA): Board of Directors (V.P.) and Education Committee, (1999-2001, 2007-2010). Member of the Defense Bar (2014-Current).
Co-Author: The Complete Guide to Credit and Collection Law, from 2000-current. Updated yearly. Originally published by Prentice Hall, recently and now published by Carol Processing Inc., d/b/a Credit & Collection Education Forum (over 30,000 copies sold, over 2000 Pages).
Cited/Favorable reviews by:
- Cited by 9th Circuit in Blanco v. Holder, 572 F.3rd 780 (9th Cir 2009) as a recognized treatise.
- American Bankruptcy Institute (ABI), ACA International (ACA), etc. See website.
- Commercial Law League of America (CLLA); Asset Finance Intl.; NJ Lawyer.
1993: Law Review Article – “Paid-in Full Checks – The Evolution of Accord and Satisfaction: Common Law; U.C.C. Section 1-207; U.C.C. Section 3-311” Fall 1993 Vol 28, No.1 pgs 189-230 – recommended reading by the National Law Journal.
Multiple industry associations have asked Jay to speak at their events for over 20 years including but not limited to:
- American Bar Association (ABA): Consumer Financial Services Debt Collection Practices and Bankruptcy Subcommittee
- National Association of Credit Management (NACM): Annual Conference & Eastern Regional
- NYCMA: New York NACM chapter
- Association of Credit & Collection Professionals (ACA International)
- National Association of Retail Collection Attorneys (NARCA)
- The Conference on Consumer Finance Law (CCFL)
- Direct Marketing Association (DMA)
- Credit International /CrexNet (NYC)
- Several Banks, Financing Companies , Law firms and Collection Agencies