B.A. from Cornell University and Magna Cum Laude J.D. Degree from the New England School of Law (Law Review)
National Vehicle Leasing Association, Board of Directors, New York Chapter (2010-2011)
National Association of Retail Collection Attorneys (NARCA): Board of Directors (V.P.) and Education Committee, (1999-2001, 2007-2010).
Co-Author of The Complete Guide to Credit and Collection Law, published in 2000-Current, originally published by Prentice Hall, currently published by Aspen Publishing and updated yearly.
1993: Law Review Article – “Paid-in Full Checks – The Evolution of Accord and Satisfaction: Common Law; U.C.C. Section 1-207; U.C.C. Section 3-311” Fall 1993 Vol 28, No.1 pgs 189-230 – recommended reading by the National Law Journal.
Multiple industry associations have asked Jay to speak at their events for over 15 years including but not limited to:
- National Association of Credit Management (NACM): Annual Conference & Eastern Regional
- NYCMA: New York NACM chapter
- American Bar Association (ABA): Consumer Financial Services Debt Collection Practices and Bankruptcy Subcommittee
- Association of Credit & Collection Professionals (ACA International)
- National Association of Retail Collection Attorneys (NARCA)
- The Conference on Consumer Finance Law (CCFL)
- Direct Marketing Association (DMA)
- Credit International /CrexNet (NYC)
- Several Banks, Financing Companies , Law firms and Collection Agencies